Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Level Design diagramming

Between the start of the semester, a trip to DC, my full-time job, teaching four classes, and whatnot, it appears I missed the month of September.

So far in Level Design we have done some diagramming and made lists of various things. Soon we will be making a template or rough draft of our levels. We will be using a demo version of the UnrealEngine2 editor. I'll let you know how that turns out.

The Department head has asked me what I want to change for the Level Design Concepts course for next semester. I suggested a couple of books I'd like to evaluate. I also reminded her that I want to use the SourceU, Valve's Academic Licensing Program.

There are also Level Design resources on the Valve Developer Community Wiki that I will try to use.

- Gadget Man

No comments: